15+ Answers to the Question: “Where are you from?”
- Somewhere out there...
- Do you want the long version or the short version?
- Pick a country—any country!
- Are you asking where I was born, where I grew up, where my parents are from, or what kind of passport I have?
- When I find out I’ll let you know.
- Please don’t ask.
- Um, it’s kind of hard to explain…
- Do you have enough time for this?
- Technically, I’m from…but my parents are from…but I grew up…and I do/don’t speak…but I like living…but technically I’m from…
- Are you sure you want to know?
- That’s a tough question.
- You know, I wish I knew.
- Um, it depends.
- I don’t know.
- Well, all over the world really. Where are you from?
a friend had told me about this book and i have yet to read it, but have 'read-up' a lot about it on the net. i am a 3rd culture kid although i know a lot of people who are way more so than i am, but i come from a long line of 3rd culture kids, way back further than great-grand-parents even... so it's deeply ingrained in my core psyche. check it out: 3rd culture kids